Reaney Days

Reaney Days

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Only the Good

I ran into a gentleman earlier this week while at NBT. Out of the blue he asked if we could use some copy paper. Of course we can, always:) We have 3 public computers, 3 staff computers, a public fax machine and photocopier. Paper is a MUST. Anyway, he showed up yesterday with 3 reams of paper. Just like that; a gift. We very much appreciate his kindness and generosity; attributes he exhibits daily.

We have many such good people within our orbit. Today I am writing a "thank you" to a former resident and her husband for a recent donation. I remember her as a child and am so glad the library has remained fondly in her heart. 

Then, there is the case of he-who-shall-remain-nameless who continues to gift us regularly with new audio books. The audios are popular among our patrons. Heading off on a vacation or spending a day at the beach? An audio book might be just what you are looking for.

One last surprise? I had recommended the novel Tiger's Woman by Celeste De Blasis to a patron. It is probably one of THE best romantic/historic pieces of fiction I have ever read. Published in 1981, the book has been around MRML almost as long as I have and over the course of its life has been glued and taped and circulated to many. My patron came by last week and handed me a package. Inside? Another copy of Tiger's Woman! She had found a used copy on Amazon and gave it to us so we could retire our original copy. It was like Christmas morning and getting the best gift ever.

When we watch the news and see all the "bad" in the world it is easy to despair. I assure you, there are many, many good people out there; some right in our own back yards.

Now, to make you laugh. One of the most popular books we have sent out on Interlibrary loan over the years? A novel titled "By Reason of Insanity". Where did it go so frequently? A correctional facility. I kid you not.

No comments:

Post a Comment