Reaney Days

Reaney Days

Thursday, June 25, 2015

End of School

Today I had two absolutely wonderful experiences at a couple of local schools. This morning I was pleased to be invited to a special morning program at DH Robbins Elementary School. My three co-guards and I were recognized for our service in playing a role in keeping our children safe on their walk to school. I know I speak for us all when I say it has been an immense pleasure, a great honor and tremendous fun; even in the occasional torrential downpour and subzero temperatures! This evening found me at the Johnstown High School for the 8th grade promotional program. It is official; my great niece Emma will start high school in September. I am so proud of her. Throughout 7th and 8th grade she has carried a 94+ average keeping her on the high honor roll. More importantly, she is a kind, thoughtful, and respectful young woman. The end of a school year can be bittersweet and that was evident this morning at DHR in the face of its upcoming closure. The flip side of that profound feeling of loss and disappointment is hope; hope and excitement for the future. In the faces of all the children I saw today, from the wiggly giggly students of Kate Yoder to the newly minted high schoolers in Johnstown, I saw potential, potential for great things, both big and small, and that should give us all hope for a very exciting future.

No comments:

Post a Comment