Reaney Days

Reaney Days

Monday, June 2, 2014

Climbing the Family Tree


A genealogy question popped up on FB the other day which sent me looking for a baptism.  In doing so, I thought this might be worth sharing.  If you have any early New York State connections you need to be sure and check out the work of Arthur C M Kelly. 

Mr. Kelly has spent decades transcribing, among other things, baptismal and marriage records throughout New York State.  Not only are they faithfully transcribed but indexed as well!  We have close to 100 of his books here at the Reaney Library for your reference and use including baptismal records for the Herkimer, German Flats, Caughnawaga, Mapletown and Stone Arabia Reformed Churches. 

I don’t have a lot of experience in the genealogy field, I leave that to Marta, so I very much appreciate the fact that someone has taken the time to study the old language and handwriting styles and provided a transcription.  Even I can read an indexJ 

To read more about Mr. Kelly and his phenomenal work visit his site at www.kinshipny.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment