Reaney Days

Reaney Days

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Gift Giving

Gift Giving
People often assume that I have an extensive personal library. Actually, my personal library is limited to a particular genre, children’s Christmas and Hanukkah books. I have been collecting them for the last several years and this year gathered many of them to one spot creating a book tree for my living room. The “tree” will remain up throughout the winter and I look forward to many a chilly night tucked up with a quilt and a cup of hot tea perusing my collection.
A friend frequently tells me that I have to get with the times and get a Kindle. Sorry, but I’m not ready to take that step just yet. I spend so much time reading a computer screen in the course of my work, I look forward to holding an actual bound paper book in my hands and slowly, with great anticipation, turning the pages. Besides, try building a Kindle tree! It would not be the sameJ
Books make a wonderful gift and I hope they are included on your shopping list for families and friends. In visiting family over Thanksgiving, my daughter and son-in-law gave me a copy of the latest Wimpy Kid book, the Third Wheel. I loved it and smiled the entire way home. 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Dawn, I love your tree, quite a tree for the librarian. I have a Kindle and I just love it.... but the feel and smell of books will never/ever be left out of my life. A book is the best gift. I still buy books and of course I love audio books too, Enjoy your tree,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlina CountrymanDecember 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of books too. The first thing I do is open the book, bury my nose and inhale the story!

    ReplyDelete